MSU Music Building
Michigan State University
East Lansing, Michigan
This project was a 37,000 square foot two-story plus basement addition to existing 1939/1956 music building. Includes selective renovation of a few existing spaces in the Music Building and the adjacent Music Practice Building totaling about 8,000 sf. New construction includes four large, high-bay rehearsal rooms for band, orchestra and percussion and jazz on the main level. The lower level includes 32 new practice rooms and the upper level includes six teaching studios and four faculty offices.
CCS provided selective demolition and rough carpentry services. Included in the rough carpentry was a sound isolating floating floor system in the performance and practice spaces. CCS furnished and installed the door package including: hollow metal doors and frames, flush wood doors, sliding barn doors, and STC rated and non-rated sound doors. CCS furnished and installed the architectural woodwork including: acoustical wall panels, ceiling panels, prefabricated musical casework, cabinets, counter tops and solid surface counters and sills. CCS also facilitated the miscellaneous specialties on the project including: overhead coiling doors, accordion folding doors, visual display units, toilet compartments and bath accessories, site appurtenances and roller shades and drapes.